Welcome to the first Blockbench public beta! Version 3.7, which is an animation focused update, is planned to come out in about a week, and before that you have the chance to try out the new version and to report any issues you might find.
Here are a few important points about the beta:
- The Windows portable version you can download is a standalone app, it does not need to be installed and does not override your current stable Blockbench installation.
- Before launching the beta version, make sure all other Blockbench windows are closed.
- The current beta version is relatively stable, but if you are working on important projects in a beta version, make sure to create regular backups to prevent data loss.
- Report issues on https://github.com/JannisX11/blockbench/issues, make sure to put [Beta] in the title.
- Post and discuss feedback about the beta in the #feedback channel.
- For now, only the 64 bit Windows version will be available.
- 3.7 public beta 1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/gjf89rp2orogrcp/Blockbench_portable_3.7.0-beta1.exe/file
- 3.7 public beta 2: http://www.mediafire.com/file/l8qv4mvc1vohj9z/Blockbench_portable_3.7.0-beta2.exe/file
New Animation Features
- Particle effect renderer
- Animation motion trails
- Experimental Inverse Kinematics (IK) editing in animation mode
- Added colorable keyframes
- Added animation properties dialog
- Preview of custom animation time update variables
- Added support for blend_weight with preview
- Animations can now be loaded from multiple different files
- Bedrock animations are now imported from entity files automatically
- Animations can now maintain bones that do not exist in the current model
- Waveform preview of sound keyframes in the timeline
- MoLang syntax highlighting in keyframe input fields
- Animations now support and automatically detect individual snapping settings
- Animation playback is now based on real time
- Added actions to jump back and forth in the timeline by one frame, bound to comma and period
- Added smooth interpolation mode for keyframes (Requires MC Bedrock 1.16.100 or newer!)
- Added support for discontinuous keyframes and multiple effects per keyframe
Misc Features and Changes
- New Skin models: Flat Texture, Cube, Armor
- New Display Mode skin
- Modded entity format now supports cube rotations
- Added Material Instances editor for MC Bedrock block geometries
- Transparent faces are now click-through, meaning you can select and paint things behind them
- Transparent faces are now removed in glTF export
- Added menu bar to switch panels on mobile devices
- Added keybinding labels to menus and tooltips
- Resolving groups now applies the group’s transformation to the content
- Added setting to toggle minifying .bbmodel files
- Added setting to toggle anti-aliasing
- Sample texture now repeats if UV is bigger than texture
- Added padding option to texture template generator
- Mouse wheel scrolling is now supported in keybindings
- Brush settings are now saved individually per tool
- Using number sliders now locks the mouse position so you are longer restricted by screen boundaries
- Added selection argument to select by marker color
- Option to restore default preview backgrounds
- Updated Electron to 8.5.2
- Updated Three.js to r120
- Added live updating conditions inside dialog forms
- Added property API support for all save-relevant classes
- Added max_version property for plugins to prevent installation in newer versions (Only use in very specific cases!)
- #678 Opening .bbmodel files on macOS loads Blockbench but not project
- Ctrl + S in Skin format saves project instead of just texture
- Group folding caret is hidden in animation mode when group only contains locators
- Skin preset for the hoglin uses an outdated model
- Fix transform space issues of pivot tool